Friday, June 5, 2009

Profile: Amanda Dodd Miller

Name: Amanda Dodd Miller

Rank: Captain (now veteran)

What year did you graduate? 1999

Current Status: My IRR time has been completed. I am a veteran.

Deployment History: How many, where, with who, duty position(s), and mission? I graduated ND in May 99, went Active Duty in June 99. I went to Ft. Bliss, TX for Air Defense Artillery OBC. Then Ft. Benning, GA for Airborne School. Then Wurzburg, Germany for four years. It was a three-year-tour, but I loved Germany and extended to be there for four years. My twin sister, Lacy (also ND AROTC '99), and I were both stationed there. We lived together in a fairy tale looking town, Sommerhausen. We worked at Giebelstadt Army Airfield which is now closed. Unfortunately, it was at one point in history a base Hitler used. From Germany, I deployed to Saudi Arabia and Israel. Lacy deployed to Iraq. I got out from Germany Dec 2003. Lacy went to Ft. Campbell, KY for another year and got out there.

Deployment stories or any lessons learned/advice from your deployments to current ND Army ROTC cadets?

No comments:

Post a Comment